Brockhaus provides digital and educational content to schools, libraries and consumers. Brockhaus is a subsidiary of Swedish NE, where 75% of the schools use our digital resources.
A small part of the education sector is digital, and we believe it is an area of great potential. With our digital schoolbooks and other digital resources, we hope to be part of this growth in both the B2B and B2C sectors.
We are interested in driven, hands-on and high performing product managers with a genuine interest in how digital systems and tools can marry our high quality content to produce a superior learning experience. You will work closely with our content, marketing and sales team in Munich and our product and technology team in Sweden.
Help us build the future of education.
Location: Rosental 4, central Munich
Roles & Responsibilities
- Product responsibility over the product's lifetime
- Understand the target group's needs with the aim of developing existing and creating new products in line with the company's strategy
- Be a link between system development (primarily located in Sweden) and Market and assist with the right information about product and use cases / USP communicated
- Project manager for product development and improvement projects, with responsibility for deliveries and control of internal and external resources
- Understand the market and competitors - see opportunities to increase the use of NE's / Brockhaus services
- Develop new functions or new products / services
- Responsible for ensuring that the product meets or exceeds the requirements set by our customers
- Establish and maintain partnerships for the development of the product area
- Write and own function and requirement specifications for new services and further development of existing services
- Together with system architect and system developers ensure the breakdown of functional specs for system requirements.
- Drive service development in the role of project manager, including managing consultants / suppliers for delivery in the agreed time, cost and quality.
- To continuously inform / educate sales, market and customer support about new and existing services.
- Support Market in the development of plans for the launch of new services, and optimization of the use of existing
- Monitor the use of service and customer satisfaction and drive any action plans
- Recommend when a product / service is to be shut down, or replaced by another, and ensure the plan for how to phase out or migrate customers.
- Report status on service on a monthly basis, or directly whether important or critical to product and technology manager.
Skills and personal qualities:
- Experience in concept / product development and product ownership
- At the minimum a basic technical understanding
- Experience with breaking down customer needs into requirements against technical systems
- Good project management skills
- Takes responsibility and maintains a strong focus on delivering
- Analytical and structured
- Suggest strategic and tactical development initiatives, channels and appropriate KPI:s
- A team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members, sponsors, key stakeholders, and other individuals or organizations
- Travel will be required for this role, particularly to Sweden
- Several years experience from the online industry in a product and/or business development role
- Fluency in German and English
- A genuine interest in the opportunities digital can bring to improving learning
- A history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth
We kindly ask recruitment agencies not to contact us, thanks.
Please send your application to email@example.com