Brockhaus is one of Germany’s most renowned and credible brands, with the first encyclopedia published in 1806. Since 2015, Brockhaus is a subsidiary of NE in Sweden. We provide digital educational content to schools, libraries, private users and institutions.
Brockhaus is experiencing fast growth and has gathered more than 1000 B2B customers in Germany, Austria and Switzerland since its start 5 years ago and over 3,5 million school students have access to our services.
We are now looking to invest further into the market and need to strengthen our team with an editorial director.
The Editorial Director (m/f/d) will be responsible for all the content in the Brockhaus products in Austria, Germany and Switzerland and report to the Managing director of Brockhaus.
Location: central Munich
Roles & Responsibilities
Be responsible for the content in Brockhaus Austria, Germany and Switzerland.
- Responsible for the Brockhaus content in the
- Encyclopedia and related services
- digital services aimed at the school
- digital textbooks/services aligned to the curriculums
- Responsible for the editorial team as well as the external freelancers and editors
- Responsible to acquire / negotiate content related to the encyclopedia and other digital services
- Drive business case development, project goal creation and analysis, and in the creation of execution plans for achievement
- Manage project scope, schedule, and resources
- Create strategic business development plans for identified opportunities and ensure these plans are in line with the NE / Brockhaus strategic direction
- Work closely with the content teams in Sweden, Austria and Switzerland to ensure alignment and economies of scale
- Identify and manage risks, resolve issues, and escalate where appropriate to drive projects to successful completion
- Proactively drive content development to drive the use of digital learning content in German-speaking schools
- Travel will be required for this role, particularly to Sweden, Austria and Switzerland
- 5+ years’ experience from the publishing or online media industry in an editorial and/or product role
- Fluency in German and English
- Solid understanding of the didactic, commercial, technical and operational aspects to successfully shape learning with digital content in the 21st century
- Experience from negotiating and dealmaking and good business acumen
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals and success criteria, and project milestones
- A team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members, sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations
- Ability to challenge, recommend and redirect teams as necessary for successful program and project delivery
- Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness
- Takes proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed expectations
- A history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth
- Track record of working with modeling and compute-related systems, analytics systems, core systems of record, or market data providers
- Ability to take ownership, work under pressure and meet deadlines on time
- Team player willing to work in an international environment
Please send application by March 8th to
NB. Recruitment firms and/or agency requests will unfortunately not be responded